Data Analytics Engineer – Hasselt, Belgium
TrendMiner, a Software AG company, delivers self-service data analytics to optimize process performance in industries such as chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, metals & mining and other process manufacturing industries. TrendMiner software is based on a high-performance analytics engine for time-series data that allows users to question data directly, without the support of data scientists. Search, diagnostic and predictive capabilities enable users to speed up root cause analysis, define optimal processes and configure early warnings to monitor production.
Our company is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for ambitious and enthusiastic new talent. We are currently seeking for a data analytics engineer in our EMEA team based in Hasselt, Belgium.
Supported by the Customer Success Manager, Research & Development and the Customer Success team you ensure a professional and smooth integration of the added value of analytics into successful operations at our customers using our own TrendMiner platform:
- You support our customers in the use of TrendMiner as their prime analytics toolbox
- Team up with process technologists and improvement teams to
- discover potential areas of improvement
- do data analysis to find the root-cause of identified issues
- suggest and implement analytics solutions
- support and train our customers in the use of TrendMiner
- Support the sales process by giving demonstrations of TrendMiner
- Collaborate with R&D and Product Development in defining requirements for new features for TrendMiner
- Collaborate with Customer Success Manager and Operations Manager to find new business leads and opportunities
- You transfer knowledge to the team with respect to improvement results and the way the improvement is achieved
- Minimal level of education MSc in Engineering (Chemical, Biotechnology, Mathematical, etc.)
- Experience within the use of analytics, preferably in process industry
- Knowledge of analytical tools (eg. Matlab, R, Python)
- Experience in process engineering is a plus
- Proficient in English and French
- Excellent communication skills, customer focus and result oriented
- Willingness to travel to collaborate with customers abroad
- Motivational and inspirational personality
- Pro-active leader with hands-on attitude
What’s in it for you?
- Young and agile company where you and your opinion matters
- An above average salary
- A company car – also for private use
- Create a unique profile by gaining knowledge about Big-Data Analytics in the process industry taught to you by absolute experts in the field
- Working with major players in Chemicals, Oil and Gas and Pharma industry
- Unique career opportunities in a fast growing environment
How to apply
You can apply for this job by emailing your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can use our online application form.