System Support Engineer EMEA (Hasselt, Belgium)
The Team You’ll Join
TrendMiner, a Software AG company, develops discovery, diagnostic & predictive analytics solutions for industry. Our cross-functional agile development team is developing the next generation data mining product for process industry. TrendMiner is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for ambitious and enthusiastic new talent. We currently have a job opening for a system support engineer in our Belgian office.
You ensure a professional and smooth integration of TrendMiner at our customers. You’ll provide technical advice, support, and updates on our products. In addition, you’ll support our customers connecting TrendMiner to multiple data sources. With excellent customer care skills, you’ll be confident when talking to customers, have good attention to detail with the ability to write manuals and procedures. You should:
- Assist our customers with their SaaS and on-premise installations and upgrades, covering functional and infrastructural aspects
- Support in specific data integration projects for customers
- Provide first-line support to TrendMiner users for technical as well as functional queries and troubleshooting issues.
- Transfer knowledge to the team with respect to technical implementation options and make suggestions for future improvements.
- Cooperate with our development team on support tickets, follow-up, and the resolution of these.
- Write additional support documentation, knowledge base articles and manuals for our customers, to scale the support experience.
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Have experience with the following technologies: Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, IPSEC), Virtualization, Linux, Active Directory.
- General knowledge of authentication and authorization schemes such as Active Directory, SAML, OAuth, etc.
- Knowledge of process data historians (eg. OSIsoft PI, Aspentech IP.21, Honeywell PHD, GE Historian, Yokogawa Exaquantum) is a plus
- Knowledge of commonly used database access standards like ODBC
- Working knowledge of SQL & extensions. E.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL
- General knowledge of AWS, Azure Cloud technologies is a plus
- General knowledge of scripting languages like Python or R is a plus
- Be eager to learn new technologies and share your expertise with the team
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution
- Take pride in resolving customer problems
- Good communication skills, customer focus, and a result-oriented attitude
- Value team results above personal praise
- A strong work ethic & can-do mentality
What’s in it for you?
- A job with lots of variation
- A competitive salary package including company car and other extra-legal advantages
- The chance to work for a young, innovative and growing company
- The opportunity to be part of a smart, international and ambitious team
- The ability to learn and experiment with cutting edge technologies
- The possibility to make a real difference: impact technology choices, suggest awesome features, and much more.
How to apply
This position is open to candidates that are eligible to work in Belgium without having to apply for a work permit/visa.
Are you passionate about technical support? And in for a new challenge? Send us your resume and motivation letter and we will get in touch! You can apply by emailing your information to email@example.com or you can use our online application form
Founded in 2008 as a spin-off from the University of Leuven, TrendMiner develops discovery, diagnostic & predictive analytics solutions for the process manufacturing industry. Our cross-functional agile development teams are developing an innovative big data analytics product for the process industry. As of 2018, TrendMiner is part of the Software AG company to consolidate its leading position in the rapidly growing IoT market. TrendMiner is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for ambitious and enthusiastic new talent.
TrendMiner is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
If you would like to learn more about life at TrendMiner, check out our culture page