TrendMiner: A Perfect Fit in Your Environment
TrendMiner is easy-to-use and straight-forward advanced analytics software for the manufacturing process industry. It can be deployed on premises, in a private cloud, as software as a service (SaaS), or in a hybrid environment.
Software as a Service
These are the main TrendMiner components that contain the core functionalities
Deployed in a Linux virtual machine
Multiple instances at different locations can connect to the same Plant Integration Connectors
TrendMiner Plant Integration Connectors
Can deploy none, one, or multiple Plant Integration Connectors
Securely connects to a multitude of historians
Deployed as .NET application in Internet Information Service (IIS)
Can be chained on top of another
TrendMiner Instances can be deployed in an organization’s own data center as a single node. There are two options for on-premises deployment: A prepacked virtual machine managed by TrendMiner, or a manual setup in a self-managed operation system.
Plant Integration Connectors can be installed on premise in IIS on the historian server for low latency or installed in IIS on a dedicated server as a single integration point for TrendMiner instances.
As with on-premises deployment, TrendMiner Instances have two options for deployment in the cloud. One is on a customer cloud account in a hyperscale platform (i.e., Azure, Cumulocity, AWS).
Users also can install Plant Integrations Connectors in IIS in a Windows Server virtual machine (not recommended for connectivity with on-site historians).
Software as a Service
For organizations that want a managed service option at a subscription rate, software as a service (SaaS) is the way to go. With SaaS deployment, customers use an Azure cloud managed and hosted by TrendMiner. SaaS deployment helps lower the cost and maintenance fees associated with running a full-scale cloud or hybrid environment.
TrendMiner Instances are installed on-site, either in a virtual machine provided by TrendMiner or in a self-installed environment. Additional instances in the cloud connect to multiple on-site Plant Integrations Connectors. Instances in the cloud are either self-managed and hosted or are available as SaaS provided by TrendMiner.
Data Connections, Data Integration
Pull based: Plant Integrations Connectors support multiple historians and generic interfacing. Customer connectors can be implemented through the TrendMiner Plant Integrations Connector API.
Push based: This connection method uses REST APIs that TrendMiner exposes. They can be used for data other than time-series data (such as third-party contextual systems).
- Single-node architecture. Support for single-node architecture that range from a couple of thousands of tags to scale-out architectures for 50 million or more tags. TrendMiner can be used to support a variety of scenarios, from single sites to globally operating business units with consolidation of dispersed historians. The result is optimized fleet performance.
- Plug-and-play solution. Fits seamlessly into an organization’s current IT landscape. TrendMiner integrates with Active Directory and supports SAML compatible authentication providers for Single Sign On.
- Out-of-the-box connection. Connects to a range of existing enterprise data infrastructures, including OSIsoft, Aspen, GE, Yokogawa, Honeywell, and Wonderware historians. TrendMiner reads from the data infrastructure level, so no direct connection with the Distributed Control System (DCS) is required. TrendMiner leaves master data alone while applying analytics to it, so there is no need to copy the data.
- Vendor agnostic. Connections to various historians and support for analytics on data residing in those historians. By working with diverse systems, TrendMiner allows cross-site analytics for business units that are not using standardized systems.
- TrendMiner APIs. enable you to integrate programmatically, for instance to synchronize your shift logbook context data or develop a Business Intelligence dashboard on top of TrendMiner with your standard BI solution.
Deployment & Integration FAQ
How long does it take to get up and running with TrendMiner?
The implementation time for TrendMiner depends on the complexity of your data sources and your specific needs, but it typically takes a few weeks to get up and running.
Can TrendMiner integrate with my existing data management and analytics systems?
Yes, TrendMiner can integrate with various data sources and analytics systems, including OSIsoft PI, Wonderware, and SAP.