Account Director NAM
Home Office USA
Software AG simplifies the connected world. Founded in 1969 it helps deliver the experiences that employees, partners and customers now expect. Its technology creates the digital backbone that integrates applications, devices, data and clouds; empowers streamlined processes; and connects “things” like sensors, devices and machines. It helps 10,000+ organizations to become a truly connected enterprise and make smarter decisions, faster.
Our story goes beyond technology. We put people first – employees, customers, and partners. We build strong teams and cultivate relationships that last. We provide incomparable products, solutions, services, and technical excellence for our customers. We are a team of over 5,000 colleagues across 70+ countries who value inclusion, integrity, and innovation. Our size means everyone has an impact and every voice is valued. We are big enough to compete and small enough to care.
TrendMiner, a Software AG company, is a cutting-edge analytics platform serving the process industries. Our high-performance analytics engine empowers users to interact directly with time-series data, eliminating the need for data scientist intervention. Our company is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for ambitious and enthusiastic new talent.
Be you, join us.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Director to support building our NAM team (Houston, TX or remote)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven sales person who drives our new business sales in NAM. Together with our global Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams, you are responsible for identifying and closing new customers. Creating compelling commercial presentations, conducting product demonstrations, and successfully closing initial contracts are the lifeblood that fuels your momentum. You are highly result driven, self-motivated, ambitious and experienced in process-engineering and/or industrial software sales, preferably in one of the main industries TrendMiner operates. You have a practical, hands-on mentality. We are looking for a team player who jointly takes responsibility for our company’s growth ambition.
What you’ll do
Strategize, coordinate, and execute New Business initiatives for NAM:
Develop, coordinate, and execute a comprehensive strategy to expand our presence and capture new business opportunities in the North American market.
Establish and maintain a robust NAM New Business pipeline with Demand Gen and SDR support:
Create, monitor, and sustain a dynamic pipeline of potential clients in North America, leveraging marketing and Sales Development Representatives (SDR) resources.
Cultivate and manage senior-level relationships with prospective clients:
Establish and manage high-level relationships with potential clients’ senior management, fostering trust and collaboration.
Conduct Professional Product Presentations and Demonstrations:
Travel to prospective client locations to deliver polished presentations and demonstrations.
Successfully conclude the sales cycle by closing contracts with new customers, driving revenue growth.
Sustain expertise in industry-specific solutions:
Continuously update and deepen your understanding of industry-specific solutions, staying current with market trends and developments.
Adhere to sales policies and procedures:
Comprehend and uphold company sales policies and procedures, offering effective and ethical service to all customers, and contributing to the cultivation of enduring business relationships.
What you bring along
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a technical field, preferably in Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. Additional education in Business Management is a valuable asset.
- 10 years or more of proven experience in Sales and/or Business Development.
- Profound knowledge of the process industry and its software landscape is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prospect, and successfully close new customers.
- Proficiency in understanding client needs, adept negotiation skills for pricing and services, and the ability to build trusted advisor relationships with customers.
- Strong presentation and demonstrations skills to effectively communicate ideas and solutions.
- Highly goal-oriented, with a focus on both high-level objectives and task completion.
- Self-driven and proactive, capable of independently executing tasks and managing one’s own time.
- A willingness to travel as required for client meetings and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent English language proficiency in both speaking and writing.
- Possess a motivational and inspirational personality that energizes and engages others.
Don’t miss the opportunity to…
- Be part of a smart and ambitious team that will help you thrive.
- Join a dynamic environment with a lot to learn and do.
- Work in and with international teams that are focused on delivering great value to our customers.
What we offer
- Earn competitive total compensation and receive comprehensive country-specific medical and other benefits.
- Work anywhere in your country or abroad for up to 10 days per year.
- Set yourself up for success in your new role by upgrading your home office space using your one-time hybrid work payment.
- Lean on the Employee Assistance Program for support during some of life’s most common but difficult challenges.
At Software AG we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and fairness where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, compensate, develop, promote, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
It is the policy of the Company that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant’s or Employee’s age, race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications. In addition, it is Company policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind, including that which is sexual, age-related, or ethnic. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Software AG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, religion, color, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. It is the policy of the Company that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant’s or Employee’s age, race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications. In addition, it is Company policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind, including that which is sexual, age-related, or ethnic. This policy governs all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.
How to apply
Are you passionate about technical support? And in for a new challenge? Send us your resume and motivation letter and we will get in touch! You can apply by emailing your information to email@example.com or you can use our online application form.
If you would like to learn more about life at TrendMiner, check out our culture page