Research Engineer (Developer)
TrendMiner develops discovery, diagnostic & predictive analytics solutions for the industry. Our cross-functional agile development team is developing an innovative big data analytics product for the process industry. Our company is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for ambitious and enthusiastic new talent. We currently have a job opening for a Product Manager.
We are seeking a critical-thinking Research Engineer to join our team at TrendMiner. In this role, you utilize your expertise in software engineering, time series analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to drive innovative product development.
Collaborating closely with our product managers, you are instrumental in translating customer needs and product vision into testable prototypes.
Following the prototype validation, you work in conjunction with our development teams and architects to transform these prototypes into final product features.
You understand the balancing of technical challenges and business value when evaluating new technology. Given the exploratory nature of research work, documentation is a key part of our work as a research team. Furthermore, you present your findings in writing/presentation to both product managers and architects, ensuring the constant evolution of our product line.
- You understand the product vision and apply it in your everyday work
- You understand customer use cases as a starting point for your work
- You actively contribute suggestions to improve product ideas based on technical know-how
- You craft prototypes balancing functional value and technical completeness to validate product ideas
- You stay up-to-date on time series analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- You tackle problems in a structured way and document findings and progress
- Independent worker
- Critical thinker
- Software engineer
- Experience in Python and/or Java
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience with Time Series Analysis is a double plus
Do not miss the opportunity to…
- Become part of a smart and ambitious team that will help you thrive
- Experience the rise of a successful and fast-growing company
- Join a dynamic environment with a lot to learn and do
- Work in and with international teams that are focused on delivering excellent value to our customers
- Work on an innovative big data analytics product
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast-growing company in the industrial analytics space
- Work with a global team of experts on data analytics, data science, software engineering and industrial automation
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for career growth and development in a rapidly expanding company
- Fun, collaborative, and challenging work environment
- A competitive compensation package including a company car
- Flexible working hours and attention to work/life balance
- Your choice of laptop (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Meal vouchers
- Hospitalisation insurance (DKV)
- Group insurance
- Net benefits
- An open-minded culture where you can ‘be your best you’
- Personal Learning and Development budget and guidance
- Company managed and external training opportunities
- The opportunity to join a visionary technical innovator and work with state-of-the-art tools
- A great office at Corda in Hasselt
- A 60% remote work policy
How to apply
TrendMiner is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
If you would like to learn more about life at TrendMiner, check out our culture page