System Support Engineer EMEA
TrendMiner, a Software AG company, develops discovery, diagnostic & predictive analytics solutions for industry. Our cross-functional agile development team is developing a brand new data mining product for process industry. TrendMiner is growing fast, so we’re always on the lookout for ambitious and enthusiastic new talent. We currently have a job opening for a system support engineer in our Belgian office.
You ensure a professional and smooth integration of TrendMiner at our customers. You’ll provide technical advice, support and updates on our products. In addition, you’ll support our customers connecting TrendMiner to multiple data sources. With excellent customer care skills, you’ll be confident when talking to customers, have good attention to detail with the ability to write manuals and procedures. You should:
- Assist our customers with their on premise installations and upgrades, covering functional and infrastructural aspects
- Support in specific data integration projects for customers
- Provide first-line support to TrendMiner users for technical as well as functional queries
- Transfer knowledge to the team with respect to technical implementation options and make suggestions for future improvements
- Cooperate with our development team on support tickets, follow-up and the resolution of these
- Write additional support documentation, knowledge base articles and manuals for our customers
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Have experience with the following technologies: Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, IPSEC), Virtualization, Linux and Active Directory
- Knowledge of process data historians (eg. OSIsoft PI, Aspentech IP.21, Honeywell PHD, GE Historian, Yokogawa Exaquantum) is a plus
- Knowledge of commonly used database access methodologies like ODBC
- Be eager to learn new technologies and share your expertise with the team
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution
- Take pride in resolving customer problems
- Good communication skills, customer focus and a result oriented attitude
- Value team results above personal praise
- A strong work ethic
What’s in it for you?
- A job with lots of variation
- A competitive salary package including company car and other extra-legal advantages
- The chance to work for a young, innovative and growing company
- The opportunity to be part of a smart, international and ambitious team
- The ability to learn and experiment with cutting edge technologies
- The possibility to make a real difference: impact technology choices, suggest awesome features, and much more.
How to apply
This position is open to candidates that are eligible to work in the USA without having to apply for a work permit/visa.
Are you passionate about system engineering? And in for a new challenge? Send us your resume and motivation letter and we will get in touch! You can apply for this job by emailing your information to email@example.com or you can use our online application form.